YOUR CHILDREN'S HEALTH & SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE CONCERN
The Day Nurseries Act stipulates that prior to admission; each child must be immunized as recommended by the local Medical Officer of Health.
Our environment is not set up to accommodate children who are not feeling well. If a child becomes ill during the day, temporary care will be provided until the parent or guardian can be contacted and the child can be taken home.
We will notify you when your child has the following symptoms:
- contagious diseases
- continual discharge from nose
- complaining of discomfort
Your child needs to be free of symptoms of illness at least 24 hours before returning to childcare. Regulations require daily outdoor play for each child. In light of such regulations, it is Schoolhouse Playcare’s policy that children who are too ill to play outside, must remain at home.
The Schoolhouse Playcare Centre will administer both prescription and non-prescription drugs to children in accordance with Provincial legislation. The legislation requires that parents provide:
- Written authorization forms, including the dosage and times medication is to be administered (forms at the centre).
- Medication is in the original container, clearly labeled with child’s name, the name of the medication, the date of the purchase and instruction for storage and administration of medication. With controlled or narcotic drugs they must be counted upon receipt and recorded by staff person accepting medication in from of the parent.
- Medication is not to be left in the coatroom area. Kindly give it directly to a Program staff member.
- Other conditions regarding contagious or infectious diseases that you will be contacted for:
- pink eye
- lice (nit free upon return)
The child must be picked up immediately and proper treatment must be administered before returning.
A nutritious midday meal, morning and afternoon snacks are provided for the children. Individual and special dietary needs are posted in the entrance and classroom areas. Weekly menus are posted for the current and following week to assist the parent/guardian in menu planning at home.
We welcome ideas that are special to your child's family and background.
WE ARE A NUT AND PEANUT FREE CENTRE
We will try our best to reduce the risk of your child coming in contact with nuts or peanut products